This just in from Applebee’s.
These ads aren’t edgy, they won’t win any awards, they’ll probably just sell a LOT of people on coming back to Applebee’s.
There’s a lot of Brain Friendly Branding going on here:
- They’ve found some new authenticity in their commitment to a wood fired grill
- They’re selling visually by romancing the juicy steak and primally seductive grilling experience (complete with smoke wafting up from the wood fire below)
- The energetic soundtrack and crackling fire engages my auditory sense, gets my saliva going
- Every aspect of this brand transformation shows novelty
- They give excellent proof points:
- “not just steak but USDA choice sirloin”
- “not just grilled over wood but over split American Oak”
- “steak is cut in house by well-trained hands”
I suddenly feel the urge to visit an Applebee’s tonight…
THAT’S HOW ADVERTISING IS SUPPOSED TO WORK, FOLKS! IT’S ABOUT CREATING DESIRE.
What does everyone else think?